Stuck cooling down

Spent several hours this morning with my machine stuck in the homing phase which seems to have been addressed and fixed. I was able to do 1 engrave that took 8 minutes and now I’m stuck in the “cooling down” phase… anyone else experiencing an issue?

1 Like

What’s the temperature in the room, and what model (basic, plus, pro) do you have?

Pro and its currently 67 degrees in my house

Then the cooling message hopefully won’t last long. If it persists, something else may be going on. I’d check the vent on the underside (front right) to make sure nothing’s blocking it, and see if the exhaust run is clogged or the exhaust fan needs cleaning – those are all things that could cause it to overheat.

This machine was a warranty replacement/refurbished machine that has only been in use for a couple of weeks now. Checked the vent and it looks brand new. Still shows “cooling down” 1 hour after project completed.

After an hour, I wouldn’t be afraid to shut it down and close the interface, and start over.

2 Likes

I turned it off after it set in the “cooling down” phase for an hour - left it off for 15 minutes - turned it back on and it’s still showing cooling down :cry:

Ugh. Well, support can check the logs.

While it’s off, you can check the connection of the grey ribbon cable to the laser head, but don’t unplug it, just make sure it’s firmly seated.

@GlowforgeStaff please take a look at the log and advise why my refurbished machine that has only been in use for a couple of weeks is still experiencing a cooling down phase after an 8 minute engrave was completed. I have several projects that I need to be working on with holiday orders ramping up. Please provide feedback so that I can proceed with orders.

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble getting stuck in the cooling down phase after that print. It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

I reviewed the logs from the incident you reported, and it looks like your Glowforge may have lost connection with the cloud app at that time.

When this happens, the print should complete successfully, even if you lose connection to the internet. However in this case, the app might get out of sync with the Glowforge printer.

If you ever see the “Cooling Down” phase last more then 4 or 5 minutes, I’d recommend refreshing the browser tab, or rebooting the Glowforge itself. And if it remains in that state after restarting, let us know and we’ll be more than happy to take a look.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this.

1 Like

My experience when that happens is that the fans running heat it up enough that the head feels got to the touch, and 15 min would not be enough time to cool off after cooking for an hour.

If the situation happens again at the end of the cutting I would just turn it off and feel the head, If it is not cool to the touch do not turn it on again til it is,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.