Continuing the discussion from Stuck in "Cancelling":
What discussion are you continuing? By following the steps provided in that thread they were able to reconnect. If you are having the same problem, what steps have you tried to combat it?
I missed that one. I’ve reboot my GF computer modem several times for two days now. Still stuck in canceling
Ok - I’m going to copy the instructions here, because rebooting your modem is one step out of like 10.
To get it unstuck
- Open another app tab/window with a different engrave. something simple. leave the other original tab open
- Hit print, wait for the button to glow.
- Cancel print
- Go back to the original window
- Error should be gone now
If that doesn’t work then:
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait at least one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that still doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I see you’ve also emailed us about this issue and we’re working with you there. To avoid duplication, I’m going to close this topic and we’ll continue working with you over email.