Stuck in Waiting for you to connect to Glowforge Wi-Fi... and cannot conect to my wifi

I tried more than 10 times to connect my computer, phone or tablet to Glowforge, only 2 times are succes and when put my Wi-fi pass can not conect o my wi-fi and I’m trying again and again.

I tried all of the methods that you explain in other topics of this forum, what can I do?

Tried in: MAC OS X El Capitan, Windows 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Huawei P8 Lite 2017, Samsung Galaxy Note A.

Succes in: MAC OS X El Capitan & Huawei P8 Lite 2017.

1 Like

I had the exact same problem. I ended up turning off my GF, turn it back on and hold down the button until it turns teal (that’s the part I didn’t remember how to do) and then try again. That time it worked. I hope it will for you too!

1 Like

I’m sorry for the challenging start. Thanks for letting us know.

If you are going through Wi-Fi setup multiple times because you ran into trouble, here are some other suggestions that may help:

• Close and reopen your web browser between each attempt.
  • Reboot your Glowforge between each attempt.

Your Glowforge needs internet access, however, it does not need to be connected to the same network as the computer, phone, or tablet you are using to print.

For example, you can create a hot spot on your cell phone and use that network to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hot spot from your cell phone. Then once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Hold down the button for ten seconds until it turns teal.
  4. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi signal.
  5. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions to connect the Glowforge to your cell phone’s hot spot.

Could you please try connecting your Glowforge to a Wi-Fi hot spot, and let me know how it goes?

Thank you in advance.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like