Stuck on Calibrating

Hey everyone…We recently needed to clean our GF Pro and accidentally bumped the head/bar off track. It’s now stuck on Calibrating. We’ve been working it night and day recently and it’s been keeping up splendidly. Now we’re stuck with many more time sensitive projects left to do this week.

We’ve tried to hold the button down for 10 seconds and reconnect the wifi. It’s sitting in low light in a 60 degree room. Recently cleaned the body and lenses etc and blew out the entire interior and vent.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Melissa and Andrew

Assuming you got the gantry back on track, and reconnecting to WIFI was successful, try with the machine off gently position the gantry and head so the head is directly under the camera and turn it on.

You bumped the head carriage off the track?

With the machine off, does it move ok left and right? Are you getting any head motion? Is the ribbon cable plugged in? I’d also reseat it, either way.

1 Like

Yes we got the gantry back on and it’s moving smoothly back and forth by hand. Hasn’t moved on its own yet though and is stuck on calibrating.

The head and gantry aren’t moving whatsoever on their own. Ribbon Cable is plugged in and we’ve reset the head/cleaned the lenses…

Are you getting any lights from the button? White? Orange?

No we’re not getting any strange colors from the button

White wouldn’t be a strange one. It will blink white when it’s receiving instructions from the cloud.

it was purple for a little bit but now back to no color and still stuck calibrating

Still stuck on calibrating. Left it off all night and started it up this morning and still no luck.

also, I have tried the reset with the lid open to allow updates. Everything I’ve read says it shouldn’t calibrate when you turn it on with the lid open, but mine turns on and makes the sounds like it’s calibrating and then the fan blows and it just sits, stuck in calibrating mode. I left the lid open for 10 mins then closed and tried it, nothing.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.