Stuck on Calibration

I read a previous post with the same issue and followed what was suggested

“turn off.
Slide the head into the middle right under the lid camera.
Turn on. Let it run through the cycle.”

Did this 3x’s and I give up. Maybe in the morning I’ll get this working.

Did you also logout of the GFUI and shutdown the browser? I’ve found that often fixes it. It seems like there may be something that the software is trying to do or thinks it has done that prevents the calibration from completing.

2 Likes

whats GFUI?

GlowForge User Interface (app.glowforge.com)

1 Like

maybe that was the hitch. I’ll try again… I was just trying to cut a piece of plexi in 1/2 to block part of my window gap

Thank you so much for the details. I’m sorry you’re unable to print.
I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

Same issue here. Stuck on calibration :frowning:

@francilius, you’ll want to start a new post in the Problems and Support section to make sure they see it. They need to start a separate support ticket for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

it’s been a week and still I can not get this working so shall I send this giant paperweight back or what?

Probably want to reply to the staff person. I read your post and it wasn’t clear that it was still down. Your new comment could get lost without a direct reply since Support is swamped right now.

1 Like

@aidan , you’ll probably want to contact the Support team again. If they don’t get back to you within 3 days, it’s a good idea to follow up with a direct email.

Before you do, try doing this:

1. Turn off the machine and log out of the Glowforge application. (https://app.glowforge.com/)

2. Wait a minute then log back in again. Check to make sure the name of your machine is listed as Offline under Select a Printer.

3. Turn on the Glowforge machine. After a minute or so, the Offline will change to Needs Calibration and then Calibrating.

4. At that point, it is possible that you will see a Yellow error button on the machine. It means there was a problem with the startup Calibration.

5. Turn off the Machine. If the head moved to underneath the lid camera before it yellowed out, you don’t need to move the head again, just try turning on the machine again after a minute or so. If it did not move directly under the lid camera, you can move the head slowly under the camera by hand.

6. Turn it back on. You will hear a few clicks and a picture is taken of the bug and sent to Glowforge. The head will then move a couple of times to square itself up, then move to the left of the bed. It will pause, and then move to the left rear top position, which is it’s home position. The status for the printer on the app should switch to Ready.

pic2

1. IF you are still seeing a Yellow Button on the machine, you might need to reboot the machine.

2. Press and hold the button on the machine until it turns teal. (Takes a full ten seconds.)

3. Turn off the machine.

4. Move the head slowly under the lid camera if it’s not already located near there.

5. Turn the machine back on and let it run through a calibration again.

6. The final troubleshooting step is to actually unplug the machine, wait a minute, then run through the steps again.

You do not have to go through all of these steps each time to start the machine, but lately there has been a problem with the calibration routine getting stuck halfway through the startup calibration. Sometimes it helps to move the head underneath the lid camera while the machine is off before starting it for the day.

I expect this to change once they find that bug and squash it - it’s a recent thing, and unfortunately one of the problems associated with getting new software up and running, particularly when a lot of changes are being made to it.

If you still can’t get the machine to calibrate after running through those steps, contact Support directly and start a new ticket.

6 Likes

Is it? I has been going on since the start of production and probably before I think.

I’m so sorry for the wait and I really appreciate your patience.

We’ve made an update to our firmware that should resolve this issue. To get the update, please reboot your unit. You may have to wait longer than usual for your Glowforge to start calibrating since it will be downloading the update.

If this doesn’t help and you still see the yellow button or if your Glowforge won’t calibrate, please let us know.

Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like