Stuck on Centering - After WiFi came unplugged

I’m having a problem with my Glowforge being stuck on centering. I have attempted all of the steps on the troubleshooting page and many others I have seen in the forums and elsewhere. The laser head doesn’t move when focusing finishes. I can hear a sound like the stepper motors are attempting to engage but no movement. I’ve emailed and chatted with support but thought I’d ask here while I wait.

Glowforge has been working great since delivery. The only unusual thing that happened just before this issue is that my toddler unplugged the wifi router while the glowforge was turned on (not cutting anything but powered on).

Thanks in advance for any help!

The WiFi being unplugged won’t effect the :glowforge: in the long term, as long as it connected again once it was plugged in that’s good. When the WiFi connection breaks nothing attempts to move, it just sits there

Have you looked to see if any of the belts have slipped off their controls?

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to look into your report, and it looks like you were able to print a few times since starting this thread. Prior to that, I can see that a few attempts to calibrate your Glowforge timed out during communication between your network and our servers, indicating that the Wi-Fi connection may have been unstable at that time. Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems with this?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.