Stuck on centering AGAIN!

I’m going through the same thing right now so frustrating. Wonder if it’s a software issue? It’s crazy so many people started having this issue so close together.

Ive wasted an entire day because of it… so pissed. Dont understand why they cant have a regular customer service… even if Ive got to talk to some dude in india… still beats the whole send and email then sit around waiting to see if they respond…

You’re going to want to start your own P&S thread if you want the staff to get back to you - but in the meantime, follow the same instructions posted above. First check your clips, then check your WiFi - the majority of connection problems that new users have end up being WiFi.

Have you done the WiFi checks yet?

Have done both…

Doing it again now…

Still not working…

Ok, but you haven’t posted your results - which means staff will just have to ask you to run them again when they get here so…

1 Like

Results… whay results… nothing has changed. I posted that cables (and clips) look fine ive reset wifi 3 times… none of which is working…

Man, I’m trying to help - but if you can’t even read through to the bottom of a single staffer’s post it’s gonna be really hard to help!

I’ll leave you to wait for staff to get here.

2 Likes

I get that you’re trying to help and I thought you were staff… I posted the results… sorry if Im being an a-hole but this is frustrating as hell! Lost an entire days work, and probably a really good customer, plus the damn thing is still not working. :rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

FYI, Staff responses will be in yellow - plus they say “Staff” on the tag next to their name.
I get the frustration - but figuring out what’s wrong is the first step. You really don’t want it to be something that requires staff to intervene - because a) it takes longer for them to reply and b) if you have to get it repaired you’re talking at least a month or so!

So, the results I’m talking about are step 4 on the 2nd set of instructions I linked to - under:
We’re not finished! If the trouble continues, could you please run one more test? This test requires a laptop or desktop computer. If possible, try these steps from a laptop computer placed on top of your Glowforge (and on the same Wi-Fi network) for the most accurate results.

Damn… didnt even see that part…

Doesnt seem to be working

That first one was correct but you didn’t list the URL:

ping -n 50 app.glowforge.com

(that’s what it means by IP address)

1 Like

Uhg… hang on, I’ll try that

:-/ In a way that’s sad - you’ve got 0 packet loss which means your connection is solid…which sadly leans more toward it being the cable

Ok - time to take some pictures of those connections - hang on and I’ll dig up those instructions!

Here you go: Cooling Alert unresponsive not outside temperature

Post those pictures here, and maybe go back to those first instructions and take pics of each of those (to confirm you’ve checked the right ones, and they don’t look hinky to them either) and then we’ll have to wait for a staff member to check your background logs and hopefully come up with an easy solution - unless another user comes up with something else to try that I’ve missed!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

If you run into any other trouble or have other questions, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.