Stuck on Centering and/or Scanning

So I’ve gone through post after post, trying solution after solution, but to no avail. It started with issues with not cutting all the way through proofgrade materials. I cleaned all the lenses (lid camera, on the printer head, the mirror, and the laser window on the left side.) I tried moving the printer head to the center and starting it up again. I have reseated all the connections I could. It makes all the start up sounds but the printer head does not move. It says that it is either Centering or sometimes it is Scanning. The picture in the app is of my last print and has not changed, no matter how many times I cleared my cache or restarted my app, computer or Glowforge. Don’t know what else to try. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The ability to cut through and the centering/scanning issue are almost certainly different causes. The first is a power or laser focus issue. Several things will cause that but as you probably know, cleaning or incorrect focus is high on the list. The second is usually an ability to find the head, connectivity or interruption of a S/W update process.

Not going to offer more suggestions. Support can more easily figure out your second issue.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I extracted the logs to investigate the problem you reported, and I can see that your machine had trouble calibrating all day yesterday (11/4), but it was able to successfully calibrate this morning.

Can you please try another print and let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

I would like to but it is still stuck centering or scanning. Is there a way to tell what causes this?

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.