Stuck on Centering and Scanning

I have been having the same exact problems as this link here,

(Glowforge stuck on "Centering")

with my glowforge this past week. Nothing I do seems to work, and I have made sure that everything is clean, free of debris, and the connection points for cables are connected and flat.

Wishful thinking has kept me turning it on and off hoping it will work again, but now I need some support.

Thanks all.

Have you been able to cut anything in the last week, or has it been stuck the whole time?

It’s been stuck the whole time. Every time I open the app, and turn on the glowforge, it starts up its normal routine, clicks a bit, button glows white, and then sits there trying to center.

Does the head move out under the lid camera and then park there? Or does it not move from the Home position?

It does not move at all, and I have tried to manually move it to center to see if that would fix things (like it has for others).

Okay, just make sure the machine is always turned off when you move it out to the center. (I think it can damage things somehow if you try to move it when the machine is on.)

If it’s not moving at all, (and that’s assuming you’ve waited at least 15-20 minutes without turning off the machine to give it time to get unstuck and finish updating then start the calibration process), then I would try the following:

Turn off the machine.
Reboot your router, and your computer.
Clear the cache on your browser and make sure that you have actually logged out of the app on all devices. (Don’t just close the app, log out.)

Then open the lid on the Glowforge and turn it on. Leave the lid up for fifteen minutes while you grab a cup of coffee.
Close the lid and see if the calibration routine starts up and runs. If it does, go ahead and sign back into the app and try a job.

If nothing still happens, support is going to need to take a look at the metrics, so record the date, time and time zone that you tried and let them know when it was here in a post. Once they see it, they can look at your machine logs, and tell you what’s going on or give you further instructions.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.