Stuck on centering EVERY TIME!

Is there a fix for this?!
Every time I turn on the glowforge it get stuck on Centering!
A few times I’ve had to manually set the logo underneath the camera which works at times but it’s very frustrating and I’m guessing that isn’t too good for the machine

Can anyone help?!

Start here:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your unit is getting stuck while centering the head. I extracted the logs, and it looks like your unit might be getting interrupted due to a lid open message while it’s centering. Could you do the following for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door

5. Close the front door and lid

6. Power your Glowforge back on

7. Please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

​ ​

​ ​

Thanks. I tried that and removed some debris from the front door but now it’s stuck on Homing! Losing the will to live a little bit now!

2 Likes

I am having the same exact problem. So, I’ll be a hanger-oner if you don’t mind.

Kathy

2 Likes

If you are having the same problem it might not be caused by the same thing. You’ll want to start your own new Topic in Problems and Support so they can pull the logs for your machine and take a look.

(New Topics start a ticket, and one ticket per person.) They might miss it here and you will get no help.

I have the eyesight of a rhinoceros, so I wanted the DH to check the clips, do all the steps and do a repeat deep clean (free labour). One of the things we did fixed it. So, shazaa, fixed it like magic!

Thank you though,

Kathy

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I noticed the bed images are very dark as if the camera is dirty.

Can you try cleaning your camera and seeing if that helps?

If cleaning doesn’t help, can you send me a photo of your camera about like this one:

@mrskharvey i’m glad you got your issue resolved too!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.