Stuck on centering/not moving for days

We’ve been in touch off and on with customer service (which is like pulling teeth because replies are days at a time, but nothing is fixing this issue).

I’ve read other topics on this, Glowforge stuck on scanning/centering/focusing but the head never moves, it just sits idle. We’ve followed basically any and all the steps we’ve found. The machine is clean, we’ve moved it indoors again to a more consistent/correct ambient temperature, the bed is empty, the connections are good and clean, the WiFi in my home is high speed and reliable as the sun, and on a mesh network and there is nothing to interfere with any signal, especially currently where the glowforge is located basically directly next to it. We’ve reset the WiFi outright, both in my network and on my machine, and we’ve reset the machine to factory settings. Nothing works.

Randomly, occasionally we will get a random print off - say one every three or four days, then immediately after that print it stops working again.

We’re exhausted with the annoyance of this machine at this point. We’ve had ours maybe 8-9 months, well maintained and cleaned. We’re already on a replacement unit because our original unit had a faulty clip on the ribbon cable - rather than replace the cable we had to return and receive a different unit all together which was inconvenient and cumbersome. Throughout the past few months there have been inconsistencies but it was rarely something that couldn’t be troubleshooted and corrected quickly, but occasionally longer lasting bugs have popped up and seemingly disappeared. But this has brought us to a crawl. We’re printing Xmas gifts as well as my wife having a couple small Etsy orders to run off by Christmas and it looks like we’re going to take a hit on that. You can’t call anyone because they just tell you to email them. By the time we get an email, we’ve possibly had one of our random successful prints off, so the email states that they see we’ve ran a print again and it seems to be working now so is there anything else they can do/contact them again etc, but we’re never actually solving anything.

I’m extremely disappointed with our machine. The software, designed to be user friendly, is hit or miss at best and the best of it is now locked behind a paywall.

I’m not sure what else to check? The black cable for the lid by appearance is clean and in good repair, again, by visual inspection alone.

Have they mentioned what the logs show?

I am having the same issue. I have gotten to were I hate this machine. It should work no different than a wifi printer. But for some reason they want control over the design. When its none of their business what I make.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.