Stuck on Centering/Scanning since last night

Had a successful afternoon of engraves/cuts yesterday, went through my standard cleaning of the lenses and now my machine is stuck on centering - if I refresh the browser it will update to scanning.

Lots of orders to fill before Christmas - please help!

Double check your white ribbon cable connection. Perhaps you have accidently pulled it slightly apart while cleaning.

I still haven’t heard anything from Glowforge about this same exact issue!

Me neither. Waiting in anticipation. I’m beginning to feel like I will never experience using my brand new GF again. :frowning:

Since it was working fine until you cleaned it maybe do a meticulous search for loose wiring or anything out of place. It is easy to dislodge that white ribbon cable when you pull off the laser head. Maybe try reseating that?

1 Like

This is what worries me. I keep cleaning and re-cleaning in hope my GF will come alive and I don’t think this is a good thing.

1 Like

> I keep cleaning and re-cleaning in hope my GF will come alive and I don’t think this is a good thing.

If you read a lot of these posts it is amazing how many error complaints begin with someone saying everything was fine and then they cleaned their machine.

4 Likes

Having said that it is important to keep the lenses and fans clean but you have to be really careful with everything.

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.