Stuck on focusing and printer head wont return. Done all troubleshooting

I have tried every troubleshooting posted. I have thoroughly cleaned the unit twice, restarted my computer, restarted the wifi, turned the machine off and on with lid both open and closed, manually fixed printer head under camera and still nothing.

I’m seeing other people are experiencing issues similar, is this something from HQ? Is there some updating going on? Really need my machine back up and running as I have orders to fulfill and two conventions coming up next weekend.

1 Like

One other thing that may have helped for me (or may have been irrelevant) was to put a cover over the GF. The sun was shining like all getout the other day, and one of the things I did was to put some opaque cardboard over the lid. Without it, the camera was registering an image that was almost all white.

1 Like

Another thing that might not hurt to check is to clean the two small windows on the bottom of the Print Head, on either side of the lense. There have been a couple of issues resolved lately that way. Make sure the lid camera is clean, and the top of the Print Head, so that the Glowforge logo is clearly visible to the camera.

1 Like

Yes, I have thoroughly cleaned and wiped. I’m waiting for a response from glowforge. I am so worried it’s a hardware malfunction.

Always possible I suppose, but in truth, most people will see the “Stuck on Focusing” issue at least once. I’ve seen it a handful of times in the last year and a half, and the machine was fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

A lot of things can cause it that have nothing to do with the machine at all. If it only happens with a particular file, you might want to check the file itself. (And I just removed the bit about the Wifi, because I saw that you had already rebooted. Sometimes a second or third reboot does work where the first one didn’t, so you can always try it again. Nothing to lose.)

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.