STUCK on focusing. Was stuck on scanning. Now focusing after cleaning lens again

I am now stuck on scanning,

and the image of the bed has not updated. it’s still and old pic.

Hi, please can you run your diagnostics again. I reclined all the printer head lenses and mirrors and the connection of the white cable to the printer head.

the GF app is now stuck on SCANNING and the image of the bed has not updated.

Thank you,
Debbie.

Hi GF staff, I have done as requested and check my GF again this morning.

It is still stuck on scanning and the image is still not updating.

I haven’t been able to use my GF for over a week now. Please can you try help me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, can you continue with helping me please. I’m still struggling.
Thank you,
Debbie.

It’s been a really long time since i responded to GF support (Marc). I haven’t heard a peep from anyone at GF since. Is someone still attending to me?

Trying to be patient but wow, this is crazy slow.

I’m sorry you are frustrated. It looks like it has been less than 24 hours since you responded to support. They are usually 1-2 business days so hopefully it will be soon.

No that is not correct. I have been working with since last week Saturday. 8 days.

It is not acceptable to send an email telling me to check things I already did check and then when I tell them the problem still exists, then they don’t respond back.

You don’t service a client by sending an email every 24 hours. See the customer to completion. This only sets everyone back.

2 Likes

Hi @debbie1, I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for working through the steps my colleague Marc provided.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the scanning trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing look to be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

The cable should look like this if properly connected:

If you are unsure about any of the connections, please post a photo and we can verify it for you. If everything is connected properly, please turn your Glowforge back on and let it run through its calibration process.

If is still stuck scanning then the black cable on the lid likely has a problem and needs to be replaced. If a new cable is needed, I’ll get one shipped out to you right away and send you installation instructions.

Please let us know what you find. Thank you!

Hi, I have done all of this and I think I need to try a new black cable.

Thank you,
Debbie.

Hey @debbie1 Thank you for checking those connections for me.

I will need to confirm some personal information in order to get that cable shipped out to you, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder.

Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Hi Morgan, I have responded to your email quickly. Thank you.