Stuck on focusing with amber solid button

I should add it doesn’t turn orange till it connects. It turned on and the app showed it as offline for a minute but wasn’t orange but wasn’t connecting so I turned it off then back on and it connected faster but then went back to the above screen and the button turned orange.

I doubt this is related but since I know support will read this thread I wanna add it in.

We have also had an issue with it cutting all the way through glowforge materials. We have had to lower the speed from 165 (or whatever the speed for proofgrade materials is automatically) down to 140 just to get it to cut through all the way and it still has times it doesn’t. We have been luckier since we’ve done this but I’m sure it’s not suppose to be this way and not sure if there is any relation between the two issues.

Here is a photo example of it not cutting all the way through and we had already lowered the cutting speed to get the rest to cut.

Does it stay stuck on focusing? Usually a temp issue will indicate in the app if it’s temp-related. The other common cause of an Orange light is the ribbon cable that connects to the head not having a good connection.

It just says focusing. There hasn’t been any warnings or other indicators of overheating from the system itself. The pins look fine in the ribbon and i’ve disattached and made sure it was firmly reattached back together.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.