Been having issues with the glowforge all morning. Now it is stuck at “focusing” after it finished a job… And it keeps making that weird sound that usually makes when its done engraving/cutting and after the “cooling down message” pops up and then it says its safe to open it (sounds like a drump set toom toom toom toom toom … )… Well it is stuck at focusing and makes that weird drum sound every minute or so
I had to restart computer and glowforge a couple times to make it work again. Same like previous issue this morning where it wouldn’t auto focus. Problems with glowforge network??? My internet has been working perfectly, I am doing other stuff online no problem
Hi @TheForger - I’m sorry to hear you’ve encountered this inconsistent nature of issues with your printer. Normally, this type of hit and miss problem does indicate that the problem revolves around network connectivity, so I’d like to provide some steps we recommend when we believe network connection trouble is the cause.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email firstname.lastname@example.org.