I have been stuck on homing in the software. I have tried restarting the machine. I have cleared my browser cache and cookies. I have rebooted my computer. What else am I missing. ? How do I get the software off of homing? Thank you.
Try using your phone as a hot spot. That will help you determine if the problem is wifi related.
I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is stuck on homing.
I extracted logs from your Glowforge and it was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
Turn off your Glowforge
Unplug your modem
Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.