Stuck on offline

Hoping for some help! I’ve contacted support but have yet to heard back. try to do this as detailed as possible!

I had a lot of things connected to my Wi-Fi and things were running slow. I went in kicked everything and everyone off my Wi-Fi and since then everything has run smoother and quicker EXCEPT my machine. I redid all the internet connections to it and the laptop I use to run my machine is running perfect. when I log into my glowforge its stuck on my last cut I did before the machine issues, even the camera isn’t reading. just says offline. its not frozen because I’m able to upload images and change settings.

I’ve held down the glowforge button until green and tried to connect to the internet but even that is saying not connected but my Wi-Fi signal connects great and strong too!

I’ve unplugged everything laptop and glowforge several times and even unplugged modem. Lastly I will add I am in a workshop with a metal roof BUT it has worked fine up until this point with no connection issues. I even have an extender to help the connection and its reading strong also!

1 Like

Posting here after already emailing Support opens a duplicate ticket which ultimately slows down the support process.

While waiting for a Glowforge employee, maybe you could try connecting via your phone’s hotspot as this will help determine if your problem is wifi related.

1 Like

I’ve connected through my phone and get exact same result. Does that mean it’s the WiFi connection then??? Thank you for the response.

1 Like

I am not sure as I am just another user and not a Glowforge employee. If you could get connected via the hot spot it would indicate that the problem was your wifi. How far in the setup process do you get? Do you get to the point where you are instructed to reconnect to your home wifi or hot spot?

1 Like

Did you try to see if your GF is ‘online’ on another browser?

1 Like

You would have received an instantaneous auto-response. If you didn’t get that than either their emails aren’t reaching you, or your email didn’t reach them. Check your spam folder and whitelist @glowforge.com. If you didn’t get that, even in spam, then this post will serve as a notice to them that there is a problem with email.

When you kicked everything/one off, is there a chance your router “upgraded” to 5Mhz - many of the newer ones have that “feature”. The :glowforge: can only run on 2.4Ghz.

1 Like

Hello @spierce7961, It looks like you are currently connected and have been printing today. I just responded to your email as well. I am going to go ahead and close this forum post to mitigate any confusion. I look forward to hearing back from you by email. Thanks for reaching!