Stuck on preparing to print

I have restarted everything a few times and it is just sitting circling with preparing to print… help!!

Could be unstable wifi; here are some things to try:

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

To investigate further, could you specify if the issue occurs across multiple browsers?

Additionally, does the issue occur with a specific design or multiple designs?

Lastly, we’ll need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

I’m having a similar issue. Received my machine yesterday and it is stuck between homing, centering, and scanning for way way to long. There also seems to be a huge lag in the camera/dashboard. My wifi/internet is super fast and I have a router next to the machine. Not sure what the problem is; but this is super frustrating. I will likely return the machine if I can’t figure out how to speed things up.

FYI, posting in this section of the forum opens a support ticket, and there can only be one customer per ticket, so you should start your own thread to get help with your issue. Also, don’t rule out wifi just because you have fast Internet – a lot of things can interfere with the wifi signal in your home enough to make it problematic for the Glowforge even when everything else works fine. Things I’ve seen on here that caused problems include microwaves, Apple TV, and baby monitors. Even an appliance at your neighbor’s house could be causing issues. Changing the wifi channel can help, or setting up your guest wifi as 2.4GHz with a password and using it exclusively for the Glowforge.

Or, the GF is off, thus requiring human intervention to flip the On/Off switch…

@maryscottkelly, I see that you were able to successfully print yesterday, that’s great! Could you please let us know if you’re still having trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.