Stuck on Preparing Your Design

I uploaded a desaturated drawing in jpg format and GF software is stuck on Preparing Your Design. I’m using the stand Medium Maple Plywood and nothing is happening.

I’ve restarted and reset the GF multiple times. Nothing is working.

Please help.

Might be the design itself…some of them can take up to 15 minutes to process. How long did you wait before turning it off and resetting the machine? (If you want to upload the file here someone can take a look at it and rule out file issues.)

Thank you for the offer. I really hope I can figure this out. Trying to engrave it for my man cave.

1 Like

I’d advise just to have some patience and let it do its thing. I imagine it’s a fairly large engrave that you’re doing?

The longer the run time, the longer the processing will take to develop the motion plan. What Proofgrade setting are you using? SD? HD?

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re running into trouble printing this file, @GLC. I’m looking into this now and I’ll be following up in this thread once I have more information.

In the meantime, I’d like to know one more detail. The “Preparing your Print” message may stay on the screen for up to fifteen minutes (as other in this thread have pointed out), depending on the complexity and size of your print. If your print cannot be processed for any reason, you’ll eventually be shown an error message instead. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and I did notice a few unsuccessful prints of this design that should have resulted in an error message. Did you see any such message, and if so, what did it say?

I didn’t get a error message. It just reverted back to the “ready” state. Thanks for the quick response. It is slightly frustrating.

Thanks for getting back to me about that, @GLC. We’ve reproduced the problem internally, and the team is investigating. I’m afraid I don’t have any further details at this time.

It may help to lower the resolution on the original bitmap file before trying again with a new upload. Could you please try this out, and let me know if it helps?

I decreased the size in half and it seemed to have work now. Thank you so much!

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!