Stuck on scanning

My glowforge has been stuck on scanning for 2.5 days now. I have tried everything! Read the manual, read all the forums, tried all the recommendations with no luck. I have 150 orders I need to get out and this is giving me serious anxiety. Is there maybe something I am missing? Like maybe I need to jump 3 times, turn around 7 times while clapping and jumping on one leg? Help Please! Thanks!!!

Did you wiggle your nose? (Critical item…most people miss it.) :wink:

Seriously though…there are some preliminary troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. First thing is to clean the lens on the lid camera, the top and windows on the underside of the printer head and make sure there isn’t a glare on the bed…the camera is looking for something and any of those things can interfere with it seeing it.
  2. Second, you’ll want to check for Wifi or connectivity issues…a dropped signal will cause it to get stuck in scanning or calibration and you need to reboot to clear it.
  1. Third thing to check would be the lid cable, it can develop issues over time, but the team can see that from looking at your machine logs. It does help to check all of the connections in the lid cables and the white ribbon cable to make sure they are closed and the cables aren’t bent or crimped.

cable-checks

4 Likes

Thank you, unfortunately, I have tried everything including wiggling my nose

2 Likes

Support will be able to see what’s going on by looking at your machine logs. Hang tight. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.