Stuck on too cold

stuck on too cold and its not too cold. please help!

Welcome to the forum.

What is the temperature where you have your Glowforge? Is it vented outside with cold air coming back in through the vent?

I live in Texas it is currently 77 degrees here and i keep my house at 75. i shut the ac off because the air vent does hit my glowforge on the right side. it is not venting outside i have the filter.

So it may be too hot rather than too cold since the operating temperature for both the Pro and Basic is under 75degrees.

i hope its nothing major like having to get a new one. i just got an order in for ornaments.

wouldnt it say too hot? if it was too hot. sorry im new to glowforge ive only have had a couple of weeks

I am not familiar with all of the error messages, but it could be it should state that there is a temperature error rather than saying too cold or too hot. The air intake for the Glowforge is under the right front corner. Try directing some cool air in that area of the machine with the lid open and see if the error resolves after a bit of time. Do you have the Pro, Basic or Plus?

i have the pro

The pro has advanced cooling so that will come in handy in Texas. 75 degrees is the upper limit stated in the Glowforge specs, so cool it off around your machine. I hope you are able to get your ornaments done. I am just a user trying to help you. The Glowforge Support team will see your post and be along to help pretty soon.

it started up just fine i was about to cut and engrave but i opened the door to move my wood closed it and then it said that and now it wont go away

Turn it off for a bit (5 minutes) then try again.

will do. i turned my ac on just incase it was 76 degrees in here already. i really appreciate your help and advice. Thank you so much

The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

1 Like

You are correct - my bad. Print when the ambient temperature is within the following ranges. Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

Basic and Plus: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius)
Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)
1 Like

Yes. Both errors exist.

I must say… In your case I’m worried the thermometer might be misreading. I believe Support can remotely re-calibrate it, but I’m not 100% sure. Anyway, hopefully you’ll report back good news regardless!

The pro is rated for 81

Noted above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.