Stupid Question from Absolute Beginner

Hi, People,
Nice to be here and excited about my new Glowforge. I know almost nothing.
So my very first question is stupid.
I am making my first print. The button is glowing lavender.Is that normal?
Thanks!
Judith

5 Likes

Mine looks kind of lavender when it’s printing. Nothing to worry about. :slight_smile: And there are no stupid questions – the stupid thing is not to ask!

9 Likes

what @geek2nurse said…

With LEDs, “white” is a bit of a spectrum. The white glow on the glowforge button is definitely a little cool, and comes across slightly bluish/purplish.

4 Likes

Welcome.
Show us your first print so we know you are up and running. (My button glows white, so if yours looks lavender you may be special).:wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:
I started my adventure from the same place. It was these people that taught me everything I know!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the replies and the welcome. :blush:

4 Likes

So glad you stopped in to talk with us. No worries about any questions you have…we’ve certainly all been there. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome!
Oh, I wish mine were more a lavender tint than green… But if there’s a really intense color to the button, there should also be an error message in the GFUI, and then you have to address that situation! I think it was Jules or @geek2nurse that had once posted a list of the button colors and related error messages…

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.