Suddenly stopped cutting

I am trying to cut this hilbert curve puzzle that Martin Raynsford posted and the glowforge keeps crashing after cutting one line, I spun it 90 degrees and it cut three lines and then stopped/crashed.

I scaled it in the ui to be 260mm square.

hilbert curve puzzle.pdf (62.7 KB)

Thanks!
David.

Oh, you know, I cut one of those once early on (although not that specific file)…it helps to give each section a different stroke color. (The calculating software is much better now than it was then, but I’d still break it up into smaller groups and cut one at a time.)

Martin designed his files for a different laser. (He was an expert long before Glowforge.)

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’re running into persistent trouble when trying to print a design. So that I can ensure that our team understands this issue correctly, what happens when your unit stops printing when you try to run this design? Do you receive any error message in the app? Does the head stop moving, or does it continue to move without marking the material?

Also, has the same thing happened when printing any other designs?

This information will help our team to investigate further.

The head stopped moving and there is no error message in the app or anything else. It does make a weird clunk noise right before it stops. I left it running for a couple of hours to see if anything happened, weirdly the computer thought the print was still going and eventually said it had completed, when it had not actually moved :slight_smile:

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m going to close this thread and I’ll be in touch via email very soon with some additional information and next steps to resolve this. I’m so sorry about the bad news.