Suggestion for mobile App

Not sure where to put suggestions for the mobile app - perhaps there is already a place. If not - maybe here?

1. Status Please! I would love to open my phone - click ‘Current Status’ and see where the forge is in the current cut. I have long running jobs and would like to login to see how they are going. I know I can open a design and it will tell me the time remaining… But that is somewhat clunky…
2 Likes

Dan has said to place feature requests in Problems and Support. That category is always checked by GF staff and feature requests will go into the maw of the :glowforge: hopper.

4 Likes

@Brandon, I moved this to Problems and support as staff always see things there.

2 Likes

oops - thank you!!

1 Like

I’m guessing this may not happen because of safety reasons. While running a laser, it is highly recommended that someone is present. You know…flammable type of stuff and all…

3 Likes

They basically do this now - if I select any design while it is cutting, I will see the total time left… Just want to see that data accessible in a more readily available method - and perhaps more info… if that is possible (Camera?)

1 Like

I totally get what you’re asking for. On my Universal lasers I can actually watch the progress on my computer screen and it has a countdown. However if it was on an app that means it’s easier to walk away and not be near the laser as it’s working. That’s what I was referring to mostly of why I don’t think they’ll do it LOL

2 Likes