Sunflower rings

I made a few stackable rings to help celebrate fall.

31 Likes

or napkin rings

5 Likes

Those look like so much fun! You’ve inspired me…I need to make some rings. Happy Fall :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

3 Likes

I really enjoying seeing your work…you have created some great designs. I have noticed for some time that your avatar is hieroglyphs…is that a particular interest of yours?

3 Likes

A Cartouche?

3 Likes

Yes. It’s my business name. It’s Neferene, which means “beautiful”. It’s part of Neferetiti’s name. Her full name in Neferneferuaten Nefertiti, which means “beautiful are the beauties of the sun because the beautiful one has come.” It’s more of a reminder to me to treat people beautifully and try to see the beauty in everyone I encounter. image

15 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

I’ll post my cartouches. I’ve made plenty. Thanks.

2 Likes

Very fine. Earlier in my life I was solely entrenched in all things Egyptian. Nice direction to follow with consideration to others.

4 Likes

Great rings! Another GF possibility!

2 Likes

These look so pretty!

2 Likes

Came out swell. Thanks for sharing.

The name explanation also. Love to learn things. If only I could remember them.

As to those hieroglyphics.
Is it just me or did it seem hilarious to have this image in a sentence that talked about a beautiful woman? Must have been a man’s world.

2 Likes

Not at that time. Akhenaten treated his wife as an equal. In that particular dynasty the figures and statues of Nefertiti were the same size as her husband. He wrote poems and ballets to her. He loved her dearly with equal respect for her thoughts, ideas and such. There was also the Queen Hatsheput to whom I wanted to name my business after, but unfortunately her name does not roll off of the tongue like Neferene does. Queen Hatsheput also ruled with an iron fist. Then of course Cleopatra…the list goes on.

The seated woman hieroglyph just means woman. The same is shown for men.

4 Likes

A sense of humor took a bad turn and got lost during the last decade.
Oh well, Most of my jokes seem to swoosh past people head’s so fast I can see the hair shift.

2 Likes

take care.

2 Likes

Are you a history teacher bu chance? :grin:

2 Likes

My minor is college 25 years ago was world history ( with an emphasis on Sub Saharan and African studies) and sociology. Good eye from you! lol! I’m rebooting my interests and taking online history courses with Oxford and Harvard. So far I just finished a Greek Mythology class and am in the middle of a refresher Egyptology class. I plan to write and put history into my art, but a history teacher no thank you at this time. Maybe if I really nerd out in the future after I finish my doctorate, I’ll do it. For anyone wanting to take courses, Havard online has a ton of free online classes right now. Oxford charges though. Thanks again for the fun observation. I love this stuff!!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see you soar!!

1 Like

A very fun ring in such a cheerful yellow.

1 Like

My thoughts about yellow too! How can you not smile! :hugs:

1 Like