Sunflowers

For the last month I have enjoyed making bouquets of sunflowers, cutting them on my GF, painting them, and then displaying them in a 3d printed vase. (Photo 1) When the war in Ukraine began, I turned my sunflowers into a “support Ukraine” pin and gave them to my friends. They have become very popular. When friends of friends requested them, I suggested that instead of paying me for them they should donate to a Ukrainian relief organization of their choice. So far over $300 has been given and I expect more. The pins are 1.5" to 2" in diameter. (Photo 2)

67 Likes

Great idea!

6 Likes

Really like these, Wish I could paint better.

7 Likes

My coloring of choice has resolved to the acrylic paint markers.
They come in a large selection color pack with blunt and fine points.
You can highlight shadows etc with them. Worth playing with.
You may be better than you think.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Acrylic-Painting-Ceramic-Surfaces/dp/B07Z6KLLWT?ref_=ast_sto_dp

9 Likes

These turned out great and what a wonderful idea!

5 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Awesome! That’s a lot of money to raise off of pins! Good job!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your idea, it’s inspiring to those of us who’ve been wanting to find a way to contribute. Compliments on your painting skills!!

2 Likes

Oh how fun! These sunflowers are beautiful! Wow so many cleaver people!

1 Like

Very nice!

Those are beautiful!

That’s incredible, and congratulations on raising so much!

These are beautiful. My mother would have loved them. Very nice work.

Michael

I have found that I paint better when I use the masking on the material to outline areas instead of just ripping it off. Mostly I use alcohol ink markers - with those, you do the darkest thing first and go to the lightest. With paint it is reversed. Just got some nice metallic acrylic markers with a very fine point.

3 Likes

Thank you I will have to try that.

I use Sharpie oil based pens. They work great and are very easy to control. My husband has been helping me paint the sunflowers. He is not an experienced painter, but these are easy enough that he has no difficulty.

2 Likes

Love these! What a great idea to support Ukraine!!! :ukraine:

1 Like