Sunset Heart Hands

Valentines Project 1 of 3.

My girlfriend loves quoting the Taco Bell Instagram Boyfriend commercial where the women wants to take a sunset heart hands pic, but her boyfriend is busy eating Taco Bell. For reference:

Taco Bell Instagram Boyfriend

This has evolved into “Take the Fucking Picture!” I decided to make her a sunset heart hands display piece, just cause I thought it was hilarious. Here is what I came up with.

Base is walnut and thick draftboard. Sun and palm trees are thick acrylic. Heart hands were 3D printed using wood filament with design off Thingiverse.

49 Likes

That is hilarious! (Never seen the commercial.) She’s gonna love that! :smile:

3 Likes

Ha ha! Good one. Be sure to update us with her reaction.

5 Likes

Well executed. Humor memorialized.

3 Likes

Brilliant! And perfectly executed.

3 Likes

Love this.

2 Likes

That is a great commercial, playing on today’s fixation with social media.
No one can watch and not grin.

You aced it with your exhibit, and those in the know will grin again.

2 Likes

Wow, I thought you had carved those hands! I was going to be overly impressed, but now that I know you used a 3D printer, I’m only above average impressed :wink:

Don’t know how many people here have seen this man in action, but his projects are always fascinating, and he’s got just enough weirdo in him to make him likeable. He carves a hand out of wood in this video:

Also, love that you included the title onto the actual project :rofl: Where did you procure that font, the curly one?

6 Likes

It’s called Sophia Ronald.

1 Like

I do some work in social media and that commercial cracks me up. This is a great tribute to it! The hands look really cool, but the way they rise out of the base makes me think of something out of a horror movie.

I recently bought that font…

3 Likes

This is awesome!

1 Like

I read that this is the precursor video to instagram husbands/boyfriends. It’s worth a watch.
Instagram Husband

2 Likes

That’s freaking beautiful. Nice work.

1 Like