Super cool table build

I’m not up on who’s who, but obviously Simone Giertz is an awesome builder with a big following. (She’s pretty hilarious too.) I’ve been going through her videos and this cool rolling puzzle table caught my eye. (And it was even better with a little GF eye-spy moment in the middle.)

24 Likes

Wow, that’s so friggin’ awesome! I don’t know it that’s dedication or insanity!

3 Likes

That is just amazing!

2 Likes

This was quite entertaining. I appreciate that she shared the disappointments as well as the final triumph. I envy all the tools and her skill using them.

4 Likes

This is really great. You could sell these for big bucks!

1 Like

I want to be her when I grow up.

2 Likes

I am a qualified mental health professional, so I can tell you with confidence that: Yes. It is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been getting this in my suggested for a while - must watch!

2 Likes

“I want to make some handles so I will buy a huge new lathe to make them” ? First, who has that much unused empty table space just sitting about? Second, why not just build a bronze foundry, or better yet one of those 3d printers that make metal stuff? That big drill press was just sitting there :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m a long-time Simone fan, but I cringed when she assembled this build. She spent a lot of time and effort to get the tambour fit just so, but she didn’t finish the slats first. :no_mouth:

Unless she gets very lucky, I fear she’s in for an unpleasant surprise once the finish soaks into the canvas backing… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.