Super Disappointed and Frustrated

How can you have such a big thing as Premium mode, with a limited offer for a lower price, but NOT email your customers about this? I can’t keep up with this forum and only visit rarely. I don’t use my machine all the time like some, and I know I am months late on this, but if you had emailed me, I would have probably signed up…

Now my only choice is not-premium, because $50 a month is stupidly high for what you get, and I can not justify that cost at all. Even at $15 a month it’s steep, but more acceptable than the absurd $50. We already paid thousands for this device (and more for materials), and there was never any mention of adding on a monthly charge to get all the features?!?! In fact, I seem to recall years ago that it was stated that would NOT ever be the case.

Very disappointed and frustrated. To the point that I am now considering selling my machine and buying a competitors machine for less money and get more features and no monthly charge.

2 Likes

Check your spam settings - I got an email about the start of the Premium trial on Sept 22 but it got sorted into a folder I don’t normally check. The subject line was “ You’ve been upgraded!”

4 Likes

Yeah, Dan did a mail out to everyone on September 21st…I kept it in case you can’t find it…

We’ve got something to get you started!

It’s the booster to your creative superpower.

Glowforge Premium is an upgrade to the included Glowforge Print software that gives you unlimited access to the best tools and content.

To get you started, we’ve upgraded your account with a free trial membership of Glowforge Premium! Enjoy it for the next 30 days - we think you’ll love it!

Glowforge Premium members get access to:

Design of the month
Get one spectacular, new, Glowforge-exclusive design every month that you subscribe. It’s yours to keep forever. Check out this month’s featured design, the Wrapped-in-a-Mystery Puzzle Box.

Unlimited designs and graphics
Get access to scores of beautiful designs that print at the click of a button. Personalize with over 2 million vector artwork and 900 fonts.
Try printing some now - for yourself, for gifts, or to sell!

Millions of fonts and graphics
Personalize and enhance your creations with more than two million pieces of vector art and over 900 fonts.

Creative Tools suite
Laser design has never been easier, with one-click tools for managing vector shapes and bitmaps to design or customize in minutes.

Fast Lane processing
Your prints are processed on upgraded, ultra-high-performance servers in the cloud, exclusively reserved for Premium members.

Unlimited design storage
Unlimited storage for all of your designs so you can print anything, from any device, any time.

We can’t wait to see what you will print next!

GET STARTED

Glowforge
2200 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA