Support not responding to emails

I have a issue that I posted about here yesterday and got a response via email. Then crickets to any of my follow up emails. I use my machine to run a business this isn’t just a hobby. A since of urgency is needed. How do you get resolution or help with your machine?

1 Like

yesterday WAS Saturday, – what was your issue, maybe the online community can help. . . ?

2 Likes

If you received an automated email response, that means that they have received your request for support and will get back to you as soon as possible. There are others in queue ahead of you, but they are excellent about working through it all very quickly. As @Deleted said, if you would give us more details about your problem there are tons of very knowledgeable people on here who might be able to help while you wait for support.

1 Like

Yes, it was Saturday. Do they not respond on the weekends? I would hope they would. This is my first issue with this machine in two years. So I’m unfamiliar with their response times. I posted here and a gentleman replied and said he would close my thread and send me a email. He did asked me questions and to supply pics. Which I did and then no response.
The issue I am having is I kept getting a orange light. Nothing has changed about the room it is in, the temperature, etc. I spent hours taking things off, cleaning them, unplugging and plugging back in cables. And finally it started back working. Used it for hours yesterday. Then this morning. Cut two things and it gave orange light again. I reset router, took white ribbon out and back in and now it’s just stuck in focusing.

1 Like

It wasn’t a auto email. It was a gentleman asking me for pictures and walking me through taking the white cable in and out. The issue I am having is I kept getting a orange light. Nothing has changed about the room it is in, the temperature, etc. I spent hours taking things off, cleaning them, unplugging and plugging back in cables. And finally it started back working. Used it for hours yesterday. Then this morning. Cut two things and it gave orange light again. I reset router, took white ribbon out and back in and now it’s just stuck in focusing.

1 Like

@Xabbess It SOUNDS like a heat issue… is it very humid in the room you are working, have you made sure the fan is clean? and you have good air flow? I am here, you are there… so I am just taking a stab in the dark from your description

1 Like

Yes, took apart the in-line fan and cleaned it. Cleaned every fan inside the machine. I just wiped all the cameras and made sure the cable was connected. Turned my machine back on and instant orange light.

1 Like

Also the gentleman who responded to my initial email from glowforge said it was a error with trouble communicating with my printer head.

1 Like

Hmm… Ok, sounds like your on top of your game… you made sure, that the pins to the connector of the laser aren’t bent, and that the cable is ‘clicking’ when you plug it in, no dirt or gunk in the connector? have a can of compressed air, give the connector a blast of it, see if that helps… I am NOT a Glowforge tech (but I play one on the internet)

:slight_smile:
Jonathan

2 Likes

have any contact cleaner? - same idea UNPLUG LASER BEFORE SPRAYING!! - LET DRY!!!

1 Like

Tried that also. I can get the machine to come on and not get the orange light but just sits in focusing.

1 Like

well, that’s progress! at least!

OK, focus, lens on top no scratching, any shmutz (thats yiddish for shmutz) on the other lenses on the laser head (the smaller lens on the left and right of the laser) I’ve seen a bunch of people saying that grime has crept into the inside of those lenses.

1 Like

Just double checked them all again. No smutz. Lol

1 Like

And the orange light can back on as soon as I turned the machine on again.

ok, call me crazy. Have you tried Re-connecting the GF to the internet? (hold down button till ‘teal’ - then reconnect to your wifi?) – could it be THAT simple?

Naaaaaaaaaaa… but what the hell!

1 Like

Lol. Tried that also. A couple of times. It keeps going back to the orange light also. I’m running out of things to try.

2 Likes

I’m having exact same issue :cry: Waiting on reply, currently.

2 Likes

It’s so frustrating. I had someone again reach out from glowforge after this thread. I replied and no response again.

2 Likes

They will respond…for certain. But, they have other customers to help, too…so any responses won’t be instantaneous…just try to be patient.

1 Like

They just said it was probably an electrical issue and that they could end me a refurbished one for 1k. I’m wondering if anyone was able to fix/troubleshoot theirs after Support concluded that it was nothing that could be done??

1 Like