Supporting Ukraine

I have a lot of Ukrainian etsy shops I am close with for sewing needs and I bet its the same for laser needs.

This post it supposed to be a call to see if anyone is displaced and could use some help to maintain their operations. Also, if any have any Ukrainian shops to recommend for design files, then I would love to hear them.

13 Likes

So I will kick it off. Here is one shop I reached out to whos shop announcement shows they need help and they make things that I think I can help with: WoodenEngravedShop | Etsy

Am I the only one that searches out for shops to help with?

11 Likes

I have a friend who booked 4 nights at an Airbnb in Kyiv. Apparently Airbnb is waiving all fees and giving all proceeds directly to the property owners. It was a small way to put money directly in someone’s hands.

Interesting times.

14 Likes

i don’t think there’s anything wrong with talking about supporting the people of Ukraine. i doubt anyone will complain or flag you for this. the other thread wasn’t doing that.

13 Likes

That’s really cool for AirBnB to do! Those type of things mean a lot I bet.

5 Likes

i personally agree with your sentiments about putin, but the meme was crapping on putin and a political comment (even if you think most agree with your view). this is “how do we help people in desperate need?” those are very different things.

1 Like

If you get a chance, check out Alex Fox on Etsy. Alex is from the Ukraine & he specializes scroll saw & laser designs. He is very talented , AlexFoxUA at Etsy

2 Likes

I have no issue with this post whatsoever. I think it’s a very nice gesture.

2 Likes

Check out Ivan Bilous.

He is also on Etsy under Vectorpainter, but has to pay fees there.
His designs are excellent- he has some wonderful booknooks.

3 Likes

i don’t either. that was my point.

1 Like

I was just ribbing you wrt this. Plus I laughed out loud when I saw that pic. I couldn’t resist. Had to use it somewhere.

1 Like

i laughed (and cried a little), too. it’s just one of those things that invites people to get pissy.

2 Likes

Sooo…I found one Etsy shop in Ukraine that could use help holding down the fort while they are trying to get out. They use a bit more higher level of a laser cutter but I can manage supporting them for the items glowforgeable. Has anyone else found any shops in need?

1 Like

Thank you! I will for sure bookmark them!

1 Like

Their shop looks cool! I will for sure recommend them!

1 Like

Haven’t bought from this person yet but just looking at some of their files and noticed they are in Ukraine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.