Svg has a border.... but it shouldn't

I give up.

We must be looking at different files. The one in the original post is clean, has nothing unusual in Inkscape and issues other than the CSS warning in the UI for me…

3 Likes

Yes that line shouldn’t be there and I don’t know how to remove it

Which is why I am confused why the box appears in the gfui

Like I said, it doesn’t appear for me. Using Chrome on Mac. Try a different browser?

I don’t see it either. I used the original file posted. I tried it in Chrome.

There is no border in my screen shot, so I am stumped also…

Edit: You could try closing all browser windows and open a new open, just in case there is some weird caching situation going on??

2 Likes

That blue line right above the 7 inch mark is the bottom of the “Plus” button. That is the “Add Artwork” button you are looking for.

Are you starting from the Dashboard design page and using Create > upload from file?

If you do Create > New Blank Design and then add the file in the add artwork, square still there?

It is still there

I tried in Chrome as well as safari (on Mac) and its always there… its part of the image, when I click it I can resize the whole thing, with other files this behavior (the outline) doesn’t exist…

Given how bad that file is…you might want to try either of these instead… (Free Shared Files Section)

That one has just got so many hidden fragments in it that cleaning it up is going to be problematic. Or try asking @evansd2 how to tackle it in Inkscape. (I’m just not quick enough in that program, and it won’t open in AI.)

3 Likes

You’re setting it to ENGRAVE. That tells it to fill in the shape, so it makes a rectangle around the area to be engraved. Change the setting to SCORE.

No, you can see from his screen-shot he has that section set as “Cut”.

I don’t get it either. It works fine for me.

thank you for assuring me im not crazy…

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble when trying to print this file. It looks like you’ve already received some great information and suggestions from other community members. Thanks folks!

After taking a closer look, I have a couple suggestions for next steps. It appears that this design was created using Inkscape. If you haven’t done so already, I recommend saving the file as a Plain SVG in Inkscape before you re-upload it. Here is a link to a quick guide on our support site which shows how to save the file as a Plain SVG: Quick: Saving SVG Design Files

I also took a look at the file in Adobe Illustrator. When I switched to an outline view, I noticed these tiny triangles located in the top-left corner of the design near the corner of the artboard:

Will you please let me know if deleting these objects leads to a different result?

3 Likes

I don’t see them in Inkscape so I don’t know how to erase them

also im new to this soooooooo

Can you try this file:

cribbage_template_lines_and_dots_arcmap

I tried to remove the CSS error to see if that was causing anything.

That’s not correct. It’s set to cut

Did you happen to have a chance to try the file that @bill.m.davis shared? If so, does it appear to load as expected?

I have been caught up in a number of things but do really appreciate everyone help… I have tried to recreate everything from scratch which has been a chore in and of itself

I haven’t had a changce to try the file yet but will when I get home

Thank you for the update. I look forward to hearing how it goes!