Switchbot Mounts?

I can’t seem to find any threads showing mounts people have made for their Switchbots….but I’m pretty sure I saw some clever ones a long time ago when I was perusing posts.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Or post theirs here? I’m looking for some inspiration. :slightly_smiling_face: (And specs, if you care to share.) I finally got a Switchbot, and want by make/design my own mount for it (not sure if I want to use wood or acrylic - pros and cons?).

1 Like

All you need is a platform with a hole that’s friction-fit to the bezel of the Glowforge button, in a 1/8" or 1/4" piece of MDF or acrylic. (The diameter of the hole should be 40.38mm.)

If the fit isn’t perfect, you might need to use two-sided tape to mount it firmly to the Glowforge bed, because that lever will lift up the entire mount.

I’d offer my quick-and-dirty version, but I don’t have access to it at the moment thanks to the untimely death of my desktop computer. I’ll have the new one set up tomorrow and then I can get at those files.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.