Switzerland is a GO!

About to hop on a flight, so I’ll have to keep this short - UPS announced delivery of 3 packages tomorrow!

3 Likes

UPS delivery on Friday in Bern! (was tomorrow, but i changed it)
weight: 14 Lbs . - with four tracking numbers
i expect only Proofgrade, but who knows :slight_smile:

So, based on your timing it looks like mine will arrive in a week - basically after Easter by the time they’ve hauled it up the mountain!
I’d be interested to know how much you end up paying in duty, UPS charges etc.
Have a good trip!

Back home from my flight now… UPS MyChoice does not show any costs or bills, so no idea so far…

When did you get the tracking number? I haven’t received any mails after my go.

I got a mail a couple of days later, but UPS MyChoice alerted me long before that.

So - just got the import costs:

This is apparently for both packages (Machine and Tray):

• Fiscal Duties: 177.20
  • Customs clearance costs: 21.00
  • Freight Costs: 0.00
  • Total: 199.80

UPS MyChoice offers payment via credit card, so that’s quick and easy enough…

1 Like

When did it show the fees? My package of proofgrade should arrive today and I’m still not seeing anywhere to pay the VAT. And man, wish I lived in Switzerland… (not really, your cost of living otherwise is too high, eek)

I got my tracking from UPSmychoice two days ago. Seems to be “only” proofgrade material, since i have to pay 40 SFr. Taxes. No mail from glowforge so far.

That’s very reasonable, looks like just VAT and no other special duties.

It’s here… and F me the thing is huge. Was a bit worried as one end of the package was wet, but a quick inspection inside showed that the liquid didn’t come from the inside - tube is intact, all looking good.

9 Likes

UPS seems to have a case of left hand/right hand… I didn’t have to pay anything for the proofgrade box.

@ade I presume yours is a Basic?
Those import duties were low (£150), even the Basic is running £440 in the UK.

Yep - it’s a basic.

VAT in Switzerland is 7.7% vs 20% in UK!

2 Likes

My material package is on its way now too!
Has anyone found a Swiss store for equivalent materials? Obviously, Coop Bau & Hobby do the basics but it would be great to find something like the Inventables store!

My proofgrade arrived too :slight_smile:

I search also for a swiss supplier, found this: www.gravurmaterialien.ch

Nice find, thanks. I previously ordered anodised aluminium business cards and laserable stamp rubber from http://graviermaterial24.ch - good service, but outdated website (no CC payments).

I’m still looking for a supplier of 3mm and 5mm hardwoods - although I know a guy in the Emmental who can probably make them on order, but he’s currently on holidays. Any ideas?

Hi Ade, I usually order my plywood by http://www.kuratlejaecker.ch . I want to phone them for infos or datasheets.

That looked promising, however they would not allow me to sign up for an account as a private person.