Taking a giant leap in the Leather game

I found an engraved gun stock photo online long ago (before I had the glowforge) then grabbed one section out of it, turned it black and white and upped the contrast a lot and dropped shadows in photoshop then just duplicated the pattern and spinned it to get a mirrored effect.

1 Like

I’m offended.

Why would you ruin a picture of your work by putting a hi-point in there?

1 Like

Very nice work on the holster! I want to get to the point of doing some of that style work on holsters as well, just been distracted with other hobbies lately. The one holster I did was the below, for my Polish VIS 35. It looks really small for the pistol but the pattern is supposed to be for a 1911. It has really good retention and wears quite well. Size wise I think it would be a better option for my p64. I’ve got another one in the works that covers the muzzle as well as coming up to the grips a bit more. If I can put down my other hobbies for a bit, I might have it done by Christmas time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Its one I got for $50 and it didn’t have a holster lol

They’re just so damn ugly. I also like how they decided to put a raised screw right in the finger groove. For $50, I’d take one.

1 Like

Looks nice. I was just going to put a slit in the back of mine for the buckle to go though but I am glad that I went with the loop back. With the loop back the gun stays perfectly straight with my side instead of leaning slightly inwards where I have to fight it to get it out because of my “round” physique LOL

2 Likes

Oh also if you haven’t seen this type of leather engrave before it looks really awesome before wiping down during the engrave. I posted a short clip of a few seconds of it engraving on my page fb.me/freshstartcustoms if you want to check it out

1 Like

Great work & congrats on making such a nice piece for your first project!
Working with leather can get quite addicting, enjoy!

2 Likes