Taking a Shot at Photo Engraving

i think there are applications where it is interesting. but few people are actually using it in interesting applications.

for example, i’m using this display wall as an inspiration for a similar display wall i’m working on (not glowforge, but on another laser cutter we hope to have at work by early next year).

1004424f1b38e43755b37646e67d1742

i think this is an interesting application.

22 Likes

I really like it with the dark backgrounds and white text…might need to adapt the photo a bit.
Thanks for posting! :grinning:

1 Like

I think that’s really cool. It’s a very effective use of the medium and the colors of the interleaved blocks compliments the coloring of the laser engraves.

1 Like

Very. I see those are 8" x 8" oak blocks. I’d love to know more. The images, even from this perspective, look to be incredibly sharp and detailed.

1 Like

this was the second image of the full wall. i’m not sure where the original installation is, it came from a pile of jpgs someone else had collected.

the style of engraving is part of what makes this interesting, but the full application as a dimensional wall unit changes how you look at it, too.

ec1697169afa36ad37739d0dccb37ec4

12 Likes
1 Like

cool, thanks for the sleuthing.

there are a few additional photos of the installation i hadn’t seen before if you google image search on “John E. Jaqua Academic Center”

1 Like

wow, some incredible design in there.

Because I didn’t read your post… I actually thought the picture was you… and my first reaction was “Isn’t Jules a hedgehog?”

3 Likes

I imagine her as a hedgehog too. Do yourself a favour, and picture her little hedgehog self tapping a keyboard while she photoshops things. It’s adorable.

Side note, you’re a cat. You probably knew already. But in case you weren’t aware, you are.

5 Likes

jules

25 Likes

Aww I was really looking for it to spell something clever when I defocused my eyes a bit. :’(

1 Like

Omg that is so awesome

Definitely between 2 and 3

1 Like