Talking Frog Machine

Hello all,
While I’m super excited about my newest random project, I’m bummed because my machine spontaneously stopped cutting through in the middle of the last cut in this project. I was able to cut the last bit and finish it off by doing multiple passes with the laser. I’m now on my third exchange of emails with support, so I hope to have it up and running again some day. I got past the part of the support conversation in which I photographed my lenses and windows, which are all fine, and yes, my fan is clean. I only got the machine at the end of October, and haven’t used it that much yet. I sent them images of the Gift of Good Measure not cut though, but what with the holidays, the conversation is gong at a rate of one email per day. Anyway, at least I can sit here and crank my frog. I’m practicing making him sing Deck the Halls.

Thanks for looking, and happy holidays!

62 Likes

very nicely done.

now you just need to add this music and play it faster. :wink:

15 Likes

The frog is brilliant (will you make Toad next?). Sorry to hear about your laser, though.

5 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Perhaps I should. They were friends…

5 Likes

that song popped into my head the moment i saw the subject.

3 Likes

Aww, that frog is sweet! I love automata! Here is a fun book I have on my shelf. I think your project would fit right in!

[Automata and Mechanical Toys https://www.amazon.com/dp/1861265107/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_OL-5FbE1YXFB9](Automata and Mechanical Toys https://www.amazon.com/dp/1861265107/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_OL-5FbE1YXFB9)

7 Likes

Aww, that’s so cute!!

5 Likes

Delightful! (I’m a fan of automata too!) :smile:

5 Likes

What a happy project.

4 Likes

Gosh, it’s adorable! Love the tiny mice too.

Ribbet!

5 Likes

Oh so cute. Great job on the colors too!

5 Likes

What a wonderful piece of whimsey! It looks like something out of a children’s book. Really nice!

2 Likes

Very cool project. Hope you get squared away soon.

3 Likes

that is nice keep it up i’m new to this just got my glowforge

3 Likes

It needs a ratchet mechanism so the frog croaks in one range if the crank…

3 Likes

Wow! What an imagination. Where do you folks think these things up?

3 Likes

I love it.

3 Likes

Terrific looking project! Beautiful coloring job!

3 Likes

That is really cute. I love things you can fiddle with :slight_smile:

3 Likes