Tarot box revisited: Something old something new, something completely redesigned

Today I assembled my Tarot card box 2.0, a few months back I saw someone’s pattern on the free page for the spell card box, using that as a reference I made my own, and then it sat for a while.

Recently one of my friends provided some feedback when talking about it and it gave me a new perspective on the box. So without delay and after looking at a few reference pics on Google I redesigned my old pattern till there wasn’t anything left of the original.

It’s much larger then the original, going from about 4in long, 3.7 in wide 1.5 in deep, it’s now roughly 8 in long, 6 in wide with 4 in usable, and just shy of 3 inches thick. Another idea I got from my research was adding a turning lock instead of the sliding one I had attempted previously

After the feedback that people like to house Crystals and other accessories with their cards, it seemed like what was once supposed to be a simple box can now become a full on travel kit.

I think my Wife is gonna claim this one for her scrapbook stickers. Gonna try to get back on the ball with selling stuff again!

Edit: the wifey painted the main picture!

31 Likes

Love this! I’ve been contemplating making one for my Rota Mundi Tarot deck and my Wildwood Tarot deck.

5 Likes

So I can comfortably fit 3 standard size decks in this box with a little room to spare

5 Likes

Turned out great! Awesome job!

3 Likes

Nice work! Can you give us a look at the turning lock? I’'m looking for a better solution than the slide lock.

3 Likes

Looks Great!
And Happy Cake day!
:tada: :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like

Oh yeah I guess it is that time of year! Thanks!

2 Likes

Imgur: The magic of the Internet should be a short video I took. I’m gonna be giving another attempt to get into the Premium store with this pattern

4 Likes

Really nice. I like the added space idea.

2 Likes

So complex, but you nailed it especially with the colors.

2 Likes

Credit where credit is due, My wife told me what colors I should use because she’s one who’s been taking art and color theory most of her life :laughing:

4 Likes

Isn’t that always the case? Us guys do all the hard manual labor and then they swoop in and get the glory. Those wings are awesome, tell her.

2 Likes

I’ll have to take a picture of the box now that she painted it!

2 Likes

Yes, definitely!

2 Likes

Take a look :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great work!

3 Likes

Very impressive

3 Likes