Teal Glass Bottle Stand Template

This is a template you can use to get started to make your own bottle stand for the Hobby Lobby Teal Glass Cylinder Bottles. You will need to cut 2 of the circles and 10 of the supports.

Teal Glass Cylinder Bottles are on sale right now at Hobby Lobby. Add your own design or seamless pattern to come up with something like this:

Teal Bottle Template.zip (1.2 KB)

Want the Celtic Designed Version? You can find it on Etsy.

47 Likes

Nice. I wonder if it might be a good idea to modify this to be open at the bottom so you can easily remove the bottle from the structure? That way you don’t have to get the wood wet if you need to clean things.

Did you play around with any open structres?

Yes, as the first bottle stand I created, there was now way to remove the bottle. This one is pressure fit, so the support pieces come off from the outside, so that the bottle can be removed. Easily? Not necessarily. But it can be done…

5 Likes

Thanks for this. There are all sorts of modifications possible by people like me with limited design capabilities. Sometimes it is just getting started that is hard, and this template makes it possible to get started. Your generosity is appreciated.

4 Likes

bottles are even on sale half price.

2 Likes

Very nice, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the share!

1 Like

Wondering if they have them in store, I have one close to me?

1 Like

Lovely and very generous of you :pray:t3:

1 Like

Perfect timing. I am getting ready to host a graduation party. Where do you find catalogues of the pattern used to cut out? Help!

1 Like

The file with the design is in the first image - right click and choose “save as” to save it from the image of the template, or you can download the ZIP file located underneath the photograph. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wondering if he meant the pattern “cut into” the project in the second photo?

I’ve used multiple sources for the patterns within these bottle stands. I purchased the celtic and other geometric patterns from creativemarket.com. What design software do you use? If you use Illustrator, I could outline my technique for creating these.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so very much! Love these little glass bottles … your stand just sets them off! You are extremely kind to share your work.

1 Like

Has anybody made this?
I was unable to find the bottles at my local Hobby Lobby so I ordered them on line.
Ordered and received the same bottles that are referenced in the original post.
Received them today and proceeded to cut a couple of the supports and two of the circles.
Tried to assemble them and realized that I might have to adjust the notches because I was using PG medium walnut plywood. But that was not the real problem.
The real problem is that this design is not for the Hobby Lobby bottle that is referenced in the link. The bottle referenced in the link is 2 1/8" in diameter while the ID of the circles in the attached file are only 1.7" in diameter.
The supports in the above design are too short for the referenced bottle. They are for a bottle that is about 1.5" shorter than the referenced bottle.

Looking at the grid in the SVG, the diameter of the inside circle is right at 2 1/8". I’m thinking you got bit by the DPI mismatch issue!

2 Likes

The original file has the inner circle at 2.234", so something happened in your opening the file. Do you use inkscape or illustrator?

1 Like

Inkscape. I didn’t think I needed to worry about resizing in Inkscape.
I’ll go back and take another look at it tomorrow.

1 Like

This was created in Illustrator, and I’m not really sure what the DPI mismatch issue that @geek2nurse references , but I’m happy to help you sort it out. If you want to just try resizing, the diameter of the circular object is 3.713 in, and the height of the struts is 6.841 in.