Teal Glass Bottle Stand Template

DPI mismatch as in many programs default to 72 DPI, and GFUI expects 96 DPI. The math works, in this case, so that seems to be what happened.

Thank you. Using those figures I was able to resize and successfully print.
The original file had two inner circle lines
Here is the corrected file from Inkscape.

Teal Bottle Template-1.svg.zip (2.7 KB)

Is there any way to identify this problem before or after download and how to correct it?

I try to remember to include scaling squares in my files. This one has a background grid, and you can usually assume those are set to some sensible measurement and not just random. Or scour the artistā€™s post for clues, such as ā€œsuch and such piece is N inches tall.ā€

Well this subject gets curiouser and curiouser.
I resized the original file to the dimensions that pubultrastar stated above.
Everything printed good and the stand fit perfectly.
I down loaded his Celtic Design file and printed it and it also fit fine.
The thing is that the two Inkscape files have different dimensions but the finished products are the same.
I have attached the two files (having first removed the celtic design) so that maybe someone can explain why this phenomenon occurs.
In other words, why is 3.712 inches in one file equal to 2.785 inches in another file?
bottle.stand-celtic copy.svg.zip (2.5 KB) Teal Bottle Template copy.svg.zip (2.4 KB)

I bought the Etsy version and hosted a graduation party, the ladies were so very appreciative of the vases the file was flawless, and it was simply wonderful. Took about 30 min to engrave. Hobby Lobby had the vases on sale, so they were ā€¦ Basically free. This was a hit!!! Thank you.

1 Like

Fun! Glad they worked out.

1 Like

I just wanted to say that none of my comments were directed to pubultrastar or his generosity in making his files available. I also bought his Etsy file and used it with great results.
I just donā€™t understand the difference in the files.