Teeny Tiny Pieces

My new favorite tool for gathering all the little cut-out pieces of card stock: a pet hair roller! And yes, it’s time to clean the GF!

32 Likes

What a great idea!:grinning:

1 Like

So easy!

Looks similar to a lint roller I use for my uniforms. Will have to try that out. Thanks!!

1 Like

I keep a shop vac close for this reason so I dont waste tape

4 Likes

umm, it’s not even dirty yet. :confused:

Yeah, I picked up the first 5 or 6 pieces of 50 or so and then reached for the shopvac. :roll_eyes:

@carol, very resourceful. :+1:

I tried using a dust buster but they didn’t suck enough. Found this at HD:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/18-Volt-ONE-3-Gal-Project-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-with-Accessory-Storage-Tool-Only-P3240/303579585?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|B|0|B-BASE-D25T+Wet+Dry+Vacs&mid=yiZk8zi3|dc_mtid_8903vry57826_pcrid_73598576479169_product_303579585
Have quite a few of Ryobi’s 18 volt tools and really love the cordless yet power of this shop vac…

2 Likes

Not often do you see that line on the Internet’s.

2 Likes

I really splurged and picked up a 1-gal Stanley shop-vac for $20 at Wal-mart. Didn’t like the wall bracket, so (naturally) made a little shelf out of HD birch plywood. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have a few of their tools as well. Also, I’m space constricted. My compressor is taking up the only spot a regular sized shop vac would fit.

If you do buy one, please post.

I guess I run a tight ship. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ive had one of these in the studio since well before the Glowforge. It’s getting a lot more use lately.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KX26N8S/arizonaaikidoA/

Mine would probably not amuse you then :slight_smile:

I have the original silver crumb tray and it is easy to see where the available cut area is!

4 Likes

Happy Cakeday @hansepe! :grinning:

1 Like

I never would have noticed. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the one I’ve got. Small so as not to get in the way but powerful enough to keep the GF stuff clean.

I am tempted by the Ryobi one though - at half that price I’d buy it in a minute. For $90 I’ll stick with the little shop-vac. :slight_smile:

1 Like