Temple Family Montage

I made these in December last year

36 Likes

Those are freaking awesome…

4 Likes

@robermar36

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Photo engraves is something I struggle with, not sure why. I think because I tend to concentrate on “building” things. But, lately, I have really needed to nail some photo engraves, and I’m never satisfied with them, despite following all the tutorials that I can find. But, that’s one of the many things on my list to do this weekend…

6 Likes

Right on.

For engraving I created the composition from original photos of this family, added some light, some swirls, text, adjusted my belts on the machine, and waited with the machine for 2 or under for both individual pieces. Manipulating the images so they were a little darker helped to bring out the darker look in the first picture. I maxed out the contrast, and the brightness.

6 Likes

Great photoshop work = fabulous outcome!

4 Likes

I actually used Affinity Photo, for the win!

2 Likes

The results are fantastic! Nicely done. Is that proofgrade Maple?

2 Likes

No its 1/8" baltic birch i got from Etsy. I didn’t even use a mask. I think engraving works best without masks, but for strokes one should use a mask if desired.

1 Like

These are both so beautifully done!!

1 Like

These are some of the best photo engraves I have seen. Nice work.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it!

That means a lot thank you so much!

@CreativeEngraving, you really honor your Glowforge handle. What a beautiful work of art! Congratulations.

1 Like

That’s very kind of you to say. Thank you.

What settings did you use to make the picture? I have been trying to make one but the results are terrible.

There have been a lot of discussions about photo engraving settings in the Beyond the Manual category. You can likely find some good guidance by searching there.

Glowforge requires us to confine discussion of manual settings in their forums to the Beyond the Manual category. If @CreativeEngraving wants to share those, the current preferred practice is to either move the entire thread to Beyond the Manual or, to start a new thread there and, link to it from this one.

2 Likes

I dont mind moving to Beyond the Manual. I just don’t know how to do that.

Welcome to the community, I will do my best to you help you. :slight_smile:

It would be more useful if you choose to share your technique and settings, that you created a new post to discuss it.

These deserve to stay in this forum, which is the main “showcase” for work done on the machine.

1 Like