Text import error

When I import an svg file some of the letters are not the same as they are in my original file. For example, the circle inside the lower case letters “e” and “a” become solid dots that are filled in when engraved. I’ve tried multiple fonts and am experiencing the same problem . Any idea or suggestions would be appreciated! I am attempting to engrave my first plaque and the letters are small but legible when I printed a draft on my printer. The smallest font size is 16 and the larges is 24. I’m only experiencing the problem on the first two lines of 16 font. Even though those letters appear later in the same size and print perfectly.

Also, the apostrophe and dash are missing on the import.

Show us your SVG file (zipped) and someone will surely be able to help you! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You can share the file so someone can look at it, or rasterize the text.

Even without the file I can tell you that 99% of the time it is something wonky in the file. Look at it in another program from what you created it in.

Got it! I still don’t know what the problem was, but I changed the original file since I asked the questions and then removed the letters and punctuation that was a problem and added it in the Glowforge app using the text box. I appreciate your offer to help, but I’ll remove the question for now and if I encounter it again, I’ll upload my file.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. I appreciate you attempting a work around. If you start to run into the same trouble with the same design, providing a copy of the file may help to narrow down what could be causing the snag.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!