The 3rd Glowforge is a KEEPER - aka Baby steps (3 of Unknown Sword Pleasures)

So I’ve been mining my old Illustrator projects to find things to laser, so I tried out one of them that combines two things I love, Tarot cards and the band Joy Division.

The finer lines disintegrate if i brush them with my hand, so that lesson’s learned!

I still want to engrave this on leather for a wallet, though.

83 Likes

Oh that is really cool! I’m so glad your machine is working well!

3 Likes

That looks really cool! That detail is so fine! :star_struck:

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but does this mean your third machine showed up in good shape? That would be excellent news :grinning:

8 Likes

Ha! I had the exact same thought - then I noticed the title. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very nice! I’m glad you finally got a keeper. Can’t imagine how frustrating that was. Simply not having one year is bad enough. That would be like the worst teasing ever! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I could have sworn that wasn’t the title when I commented :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I edited the title to alleviate confusion! YES!
(Sorry, I’m awkward at announcements.)

13 Likes

Congrats on your keeper!!

2 Likes

Looks like a great first project! Glad they came through for you again. That will make a lovely wallet. :grinning:

4 Likes

Awesome project!

2 Likes

Nice! (And there may be a chance to keep that fine detail if you play with the engraving power/speed)

3 Likes

Love your hair and your fine taste in music

6 Likes

Grats, I feel for ya as a fellow 3rd owner.

And off topic your hair color is exactly what I have made all characters in every video game that allows the option. Best color there is.

3 Likes

Happy for you man, it was all ‘A Means to an End

2 Likes

JOY REVISION!

I took my Illustrator file (which was many layers of solid fills) rasterized it, then ran it through Image Trace (using a tweaked version of the “Line art” preset,) then set all the strokes to Score… MUCH cleaner and more durable in acrylic!

22 Likes

And looking better IMHO :sunglasses:

That came out fantastic! :smiley:

1 Like

Absolutely agreed.

1 Like