The adventure of making 550+ displays

Not fully made on the GlowForge but it all started there and has evolved into this. Making 400 of these beauties and while it’s a rough journey, it’s totally worth it. Some of you may remember the Eye of Stormlight license adventure and all that. Here’s what I have been doing for the last 3 months. And will be doing for another 2-3 months.

I’ve taken a lot of photos.

The scraps stack can get… Very tall.

Proper packaging is very important.

80 Likes

that’s. a lot.

at least the GF doesn’t get repetitive stress syndrome.

11 Likes

That’s super. It reminds me of Martin Raynsfords (@m_raynsford ) photos of his various kickstarter projects. Piles of lasered things and boxes, boxes, boxes.

11 Likes

Wow! That puts a lot of perspective into my tiny operation that’s for sure! Talk about professional!

8 Likes

Wow! Busy girl. Lots of cut-outs, I’m sure you will find good use of them.
Very clean. Everything about it shines. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow! I’m so impressed. Congratulations indeed are in order. :star_struck: :champagne:

7 Likes

Wow, such a cool endeavor! What exactly are these beauties?

7 Likes

That is amazing. Congratulations on accomplishing so much thus far!

6 Likes

Cool looking design. Glad it is working so well for you.

6 Likes

Thanks everybody!!

@innatelyartsy it’s a challenge coin display for Brandon Sanderson’s The Way of Kings Kickstarter challenge coins.

7 Likes

Great job, especially on the packaging. Out of everything involved with putting a product out there, I think the packaging is the hardest part!!!

10 Likes

Wow. The amount of detail and work put in is just amazing.

4 Likes

very cool, never heard of it, will look into it!

2 Likes

Wow! That must get a little boring after the first 100. They look good. What made the scraps the scraps, leftover material?

2 Likes

There are even more cool photos here: https://twitter.com/scarlet_stream/status/1290793402016071680

7 Likes

Congratulations on your well deserved success! Now you are a production house.

5 Likes

Wow. That is one really big order!

4 Likes

That’s fantastic! Love the project, the notes, and the packaging!

6 Likes

Yep, leftover material. I was able to cut down a lot of waste by getting some of it cut smaller than usual, this reducing mat leftover. My acrylic leaves only .25" around the whole cut when done.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of work! But, what an opportunity!

8 Likes