The airship lamp

The day has finally come! I now get to play in here with yall. I’ve had my forge for a couple years now, but finally got it attached to my email.

Not sure how many of yall might know me based off this project, but im Nick, the creator of April’s design of the month, (the jukebox) and I’m super happy to finally be able to join In here.

The forge is my only tool, so yes everything was cut on it for this project. This crazy airship lamp thing is 33x28x7" and weighs almost 12lbs. The materials are pretty varied, ranging from 1/4" woods, 1/8" clear acrylic, 65lb cardstock and some printed 1/8" mdf.

As a “new” user I can only drop 3 pictures

73 Likes

Huh, what an interesting concept, not like anything I’ve seen here. What were your inspirations?

Also, welcome to the forum, that’s quite an entrance.

8 Likes

Hiyas and thank you! Lol I had to pick something more obtuse to share as my first post. It started with just me trying to make a nautilus shell lamp thing, but I wasnt happy with just it. The idea to make it an airship thing came from final fantasy and like the highwind, but alot of people have said it looks like a spell jammer from D&D, which after googlin, yes it does lol

12 Likes

Yeah I got a spelljammer vibe and also picked up on nautilus geometry. Excellent all around. I assume that’s a standard e26 led bulb in there?

6 Likes

This is amazing! Welcome to the forum, glad you can finally join us!

5 Likes

WOW to the Tenth Power!!! Amazing design and execution!!!

6 Likes

Yup! The fixture is a pendant cord thing from amazon and I just poped in an led smart bulb.

2 Likes

Thanks! Im happy to finally be able to hang out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh that is sweet.

7 Likes

Really nicely done!

4 Likes

That is crazy cool, I love it!

3 Likes

It’s breathtaking. An amazing project.
Thank you for sharing this with us. And welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Hi NIck…welcome to the forum! I’ve seen a lot of your work in the GUG on Facebook and certainly recognize your style and your talent. You have a vivid imagination that you’re able to transfer into physically made objects with your Glowforge. They are all ‘fantasimical’ (a new word :wink:) and wonderful.

8 Likes

I’ve wondered why I never saw you in here, now I know why! Welcome to the forums finally!
I love your work Nick! It’s always an inspiration to me…how imaginations work, and how you are able to turn yours into real life objects. Well done…again!

5 Likes

:slight_smile: I was thinking Sydney Opera House vibe. Kind of like a ship in the harbor running into it. Nice looking effect though.

7 Likes

What an awesome project!! Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Love your style.

5 Likes

Amazing!! I know it’s an “air” ship, but I can’t help but think how fabulously this would have fit into the Waterworld movie set.

8 Likes

Wow, very unique. Lights are a nice addition.

6 Likes

Beautiful ship!

3 Likes