“The Beaky Cauldron” Chicken Coop Lantern

This is my first post here… a custom designed lantern for our chicken coop! We’ve named it The Beaky Cauldron (we wanted a Harry Potter themed coop) so I based the design off the pub sign from the films. I drew it up using Concepts for IPad. Shoved a string of solar fairy lights in there, and voila!

I’m so happy with the results!

83 Likes

Very cool!

3 Likes

I absolutely love this :heart:

3 Likes

Delightful!

2 Likes

That is really cute - nice job!

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

What an amazing lantern! Makes me want to tour the rest of your chicken coop.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
This is quite a unique and whimsical project. I hope your chickens appreciate this upgrade to their coop.

3 Likes

How incredibly clever! :smile::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! There’s nothing else very exciting about the coop except for some brick texture that I painted on… I may make a little sign next for the door that has the words “Beaky Cauldron” on it… but that’s about it! We redid this whole garden during quarantine so everything got a major face lift. I’m a sucker for before/after pics so here’s our garden in March vs now :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks friend!!

Thanks!!

1 Like

Aw thank you!!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Nice play on words. Turned out great!

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome! I think the chickens are fans of it :joy:

In doing some research about whether or not chickens would be bothered by our solar lights, I found out that they can’t see in the dark very well and that some people put little nightlights inside the henhouse for then to come in at dusk. Makes sense because we had to move our girls into their roost for the first two nights they were in this coop! They figured it out on their own after that and now are in bed way before the light finally fades. I don’t think that this project is actually “practically” helping them but it’s just interesting info to know :woman_shrugging:

We’re total chicken newbies so pretty much anything I learn about them I think is fascinating haha.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! Being called clever from this group is high praise :heart:

1 Like

I grew up on a farm with chickens under assault from crafty and marauding raccoons. I have been surprised by the current popularity of chickens as pets in urban areas. I named the mammals on the farm and loved them dearly. I did not have the same affinity for the fowl. Probably a good thing since my heart would have been broken. Ultimately the raccoons were pretty successful in spite of my father’s sincere attempts to secure the hen house.

1 Like

This is awesome lol

2 Likes