The Button is RED

My button on the Glowforge, which is typically white, is shining red.

Does anyone know what this is an indication of? I have restarted it multiple times. Cleaned it using the manual and checked the connection of cables and the wifi.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s a new one…wait to use it again until you hear from Support, we don’t know what that means. (But they might have changed their color coding in one of the updates, so don’t worry yet.)

2 Likes

I believe it means the nation’s nuclear launch codes have been transferred to you. You have the “Football”. Please use with caution. :grinning:

Other than that…I have no idea.

17 Likes

Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion.

Can you please send me a photo of the button so I can take a look at the color?

Are there any other notifications shown in the app? If so, please take a screenshot of them and post them in your reply.

Here is the image. It is like a stop sign red. It is displayed when I turn on the machine and when I attempted to cut something the button stayed red the whole time.

2 Likes

1 Like

There are not any other notifications in the app, which is really confusing!

How odd!

Thank you for providing the photos and other information. They are very helpful.

I’m continuing to look into this, and I’ll post here as soon as I have new information.

1 Like

Whoa, that’s kinda cool!

4 Likes

I’m sorry, Dave…

11 Likes

I really hope that’s not a bricked failed firmware update.

1 Like

Maybe it’s becoming self-aware?

4 Likes

Just posting so I can say I was here when Support was stumped!

1 Like

Thanks for your patience.

Would you do the following to help us troubleshoot?

1. Reboot your Glowforge and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color (if it’s red, let me know and proceed with setup anyway)
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Jaz. I was able to successfully download the file and e-mail it to the support desk.

The button did not turn neither teal or red.

1 Like

Thanks again for your patience. We’ve taken a look into the logs you sent over, and it appears that your Glowforge is operating normally. Based on these logs as well as the details you’ve given, the problem you’re seeing is likely due to a problem with the LED lights themselves. I’ll follow up with you shortly via email about next steps.

1 Like