The camera is not showing the full bed…

For some reason my camera is not showing the full bed! It is cutting it off a couple inches on the left… I cleaned all the lenses and made sure the head was securely attached…

Any suggestions oh wise ones?

The lid camera has a fisheye lens that shows the usable area of the bed. It has never shown the entire bed. If this is new behavior regarding the left side, perhaps you have accidentally zoomed in. Can you share a screenshot?

2 Likes

It is showing what it will cut. That is how it works. If the wood is 20.5 and the bed was 19.5 even though it was all you could cut would you wish it that way? It also only shows the bottom 11 inches but will fit larger.

2 Likes

This is normal. The camera image does not show the entire bed on any Glowforge. The bed is 20.5" wide and 18" deep, but the work area of your Glowforge is only about 19"x11", significantly smaller. All of that usable work area is shown. The print head can’t physically reach any further left or any further back to use more of your sheet at once.

3 Likes

Oh man…I totally love your username! :smile:

This diagram might help to explain the correct placement. There is about an inch of material hidden underneath the thumbnail column on the left, and a bit at the top. If you want to use a whole sheet of material, work out from the lower right corner. (Black Star) Make sure the metal gridded area is completely covered with material.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.